Based in London, UK
|USD 1.99, UKP 1.59, EURO 1.99|
DescriptionInspired by the retro wonder days of 8-bit games, Life of Pixel is a traditional 2D platformer with plenty of modern gameplay elements. Featuring a massive variety of pixel art set over 72 retro-inspired levels of platforming goodness. Different levels feature different styles of gaming; choc-full of moving & destructible platforms, double jumps, gravity inversion, traps and lots of different enemies. Not forgetting the audio – Pixel features an original 8-bit chiptune soundtrack created using the original sound chips for each machine.
HistoryLife of Pixel is a unique game. The first time ever such a broad range of gaming history and game platforms have been brought together in one game! Paying tribute to not just one classic 8-bit machine, but a whole museum full of them! And more nods to classic games than just about any other game in existence – revisit NES games like Mario, Mega Man, Castlevania & Metroid, experience 8-bit computer classics such as Uridium, Jet Set Willy, Exolon, Rick Dangerous, Monty Mole, Blagger, Exile, Chucky Egg & Citadel and remember Master System legends including Sonic, Wonder Boy and Shinobi.
- Explore nine classic 8-Bit gaming machines - Atari 2600, ZX81, ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amstrad CPC, BBC Model B, Nintendo GameBoy, NES & Master System!
- 72 levels of platforming goodness with authentic pixel graphics based on each machine's graphic limitations.
- Fantastic chip music soundtrack using the sound chips for each machine.
- Race against the clock, collect the gems and avoid the enemies - easy right?
Awards & Recognition
- "gaming-age.com" 91% (A-)
- "pspminis.com" 9 out of 10
- "Retro Gamer magazine" 82%
- "1 Bit Vault" 8.1 out of 10
- "Punk and Lizard" 8 out of 10
- "Super Icon have totally nailed it. Everything from the sound to the graphics is spot on. Life of Pixel is brilliantly clever."
- punk and lizard,
- "Life of Pixel is a likeable precision platformer with a fantastic visual style."
- "Need a new game for your PS Vita? I recommend the awesome Life Of Pixel."
- RetroGamer Magazine,
- "For a couple of quid it’s a bit of a steal."
- "Really loving LIFE OF PIXEL (aka semi SUPERMEATBOY for VITA)! Playing the Atari 2600 levels is like stepping back in time!!:)"
- David Jaffe - Video Game Designer/Director,
Super Icon is a shiny new London based independent multi-platform game development & digital publishing studio who strive to create intelligent playful game titles and Apps with uniqueness to either the gameplay or content. Owned and operated by Richard and Claire Hill-Whittall, the team has developed and released over 30 games for PSVita, PSP, PS2, Wii and PC.
More information on Super Icon is available here.
Life of Pixel Credits
Business & Development, Super Icon
Head of Development, Super Icon
Content ©2013 Super Icon Ltd. All Rights Reserved.